Following our brilliant trip to Ireland in March to visit members from our twin chamber there from JCI Mayo, we are very excited to be welcoming four members from JCI Mayo to Sheffield on the weekend of 26th-29th June.
The international side of JCI is all about making connections, meeting new people and sharing good practice. This is a great opportunity for JCI Sheffield members to do this without leaving the City!
Our JCI Mayo visitors will arrive late Friday afternoon and we are very excited that we have arranged a varied program of socials, training, activities, volunteering and even a chance to soak up a bit of Sheffield history!
Friday 26th June
- 6:45pm Steel City Ghost Tour – followed by pizza, nibles and drinks at the fabulous Bloo88 on West Street
Tickets are £15 for members; £20 for non members. Book here (Bookings and payment need to be made by end of Tuesday)
Saturday 27th June
- 9am-12noon Volunteering at RSPCA Sheffield – strictly limited places to 12 people. We will be helping to clean out parts of the centre then will be able to spend time with the animals after. Wearing wellies or strong shoes that you don’t mind getting wet, is recommended. Book here
- Lunchtime – to be finalised but likely to be a sandwich or light lunch before the training begins. Get in touch with Gareth if you would like to join us and we can let you know what we will be doing!
- 2:30pm-5:30pm JCI Networking Training – Immediate Past President for JCI Ireland and former President of JCI Mayo Derek Reilly will be running this JCI recommended course at The Holiday Inn Express. Book here. JCI members need to also book on to this course via the www.jci.cc website in order to be sent a knowledge test following the training.
- 9pm Twinning Meal at Mamas & Leonies – lovely Italian food in the City Centre Book here followed by drinks
Sunday 28th June
- 10am-12noon JCI Effective Communications Training – JCI Sheffield President Mark Smith and JCI Mayo President Keira Keogh will be delivering this JCI recommended course at The Holiday Inn Express. Book here. JCI members need to also book on to this course via the www.jci.cc website in order to be sent a knowledge test following the training.
- 2:30pm Go Ape Treetop Adventure in Buxton – JCI Sheffield has arranged for several members to drive us in 3 cars to Buxton for this truly unforgetable team building excercise! Meet at 12noon at The Holiday Inn Express in Sheffield. Tickets are £33 per person and for non JCI Mayo members, need to be paid in advance please. Strictly limited to 14 places! Book here.
- Evening – to be confirmed depending on what our JCI Mayo visitors feel like. If you would like to join us in whatever we decide to do, please get in touch with Gareth for further details on the day.
Monday 29th June
- Morning – our Irish visitors will be driven to East Midlands airport for their return journey back to Ireland.
For any more information or to ask questions on any of the above, please get in touch with weekend organiser:
2015 Deputy President
Categorised in: Events
This post was written by makedo